What really matters

 Reva and I were playing clay.

She made lollipops out of clay.

I asked her to give me the lollipop.

Then she cut rectangles from piece of paper.

Gave one to me. Then she held all the lollipops and asked me which one I wanted. 

I told the red one.

She asked me to hand over the money!! (piece of paper).

I did.

Then she gave me lollipop.

Here I am after four hours, still thinking how did she absorb how money works.

We never give her lollipop.

That's it.

I am never taking her to grocery shopping even we use cards there.

No.

I am not taking to any shop ever.

That's it girl.

I want you to be as naïve as possible. 

At three and half years you should not know this.

I don't want you to learn how money controls almost everything before you understand and acknowledge 

-Warm hugs we share after you return from school,

-Compassion towards animals, the one in pain, the one whose misery we could only imagine

-Joy you will feel when you finish cross line in a lemon and spoon race or when you solve puzzle on your own,

-Excitement when you meet a friend after long holiday

-Hope when you see sun setting in the horizon only to rise the very next day,

I want you to be untouched by money and  material world before you learn that happiness, excitement, hope, compassion and many other things that can never be managed by money. I want you to know first what really matters,

                                               -Confused,  may be overthinking and little sad mother of 3 year old.

Comments

Popular Posts